Operate Four Wheel Drive On Unsealed Roads
FWPCOT3325 Operate Four Wheel Drive On Unsealed Roads
4WD Driver Training
This driver training course teaches you how to safely operate a four-wheel drive 4WD vehicle on unsealed roads and operating a 4WD vehicle in a variety of work settings with different terrains.
This driver training is delivered over one 8-hour day (depending on ability and experience).
There are 3 options for your training location.
We can deliver this training course at one of our driver training facilities located at:
- Yatala, Queensland
(halfway between Brisbane and the Gold Coast)
- Chinchilla, Queensland
- Swan Gully, Bromelton
Or we can come to you.
- Anywhere in Australia
Our driver training instructors are also able to travel anywhere in Australia, to your location, to teach this course. There may be a charge for travel when time spent travelling both to and from training location is more than 1 hour in total, and where there are mobilisation and demobilisation costs.
This course is for the experienced four wheel driver or those who require a refresher course.
Licensing, regulatory, certification and legislative requirements apply to this driving course and can vary between territories, states, and industry sectors.
FWPCOT3325 driver training course is nationally accredited.
Driven Training Pty Ltd is a Registered Training Organisation (40780)
FWPCOT3325 Course Structure
The FWPCOT3325 four wheel drive driver course consists of:
- Sign-in and induction
- Classroom presentation and discussion
- Static practical lessons around the vehicle
- Hands-on lessons and assessment driving a 4WD vehicle
- There will be some self paced study.
FWPCOT3325 – Information Topics Covered
The following topics are covered in the classroom lessons:
- Prestart and post operational checks – load security, fault finding
- Legal requirements and company policy and procedure – land access
- Defensive driving techniques – night driving, animals, wet roads, environmental impacts
- Journey management – fatigue, using GPS, communication, weather restrictions, convoy procedures
- Four-wheel drive systems – free-wheeling hubs, structural differences 2WD-4WD
- On and off road driving techniques – hazard identification
- Emergency procedures
- Note: specific IVMS or other company procedures can be included
Unit of competency: Here’s the official government definition of the subjects that are covered in the FWPCOT3325 driver training.
FWPCOT3325 – Practical Component
On the FWPCOT3325 driver training course you’ll have 4 hours of practical training in a 4WD vehicle covering the following skills:
- Restart and post operational checks – load security, fault repair
- Journey management – food and water, GPS, route planning, staying in contact etc.
- Driving on unsealed roads – emergency braking
- Driving on uneven terrain – up and down hills, sand, mud, rocks
- Changing a wheel on uneven terrain
- Basic maintenance – Changing light bulbs and fuses, charging a battery, jump starting a vehicle