This assessment is designed for fleet owners and organisations who wish to fulfil their duty of care and assess their employees’ driving skills.
A report is prepared with the results from an assessment which includes theory and practical testing on the fundamentals of safe driving, awareness whilst driving and general on-road skills. This will provide an indication of the employee’s level of driving standard. It will also highlight areas that require further improvement and may require additional training or review.
We can help you with:
- One-off bulk assessment of your employees
- Ad hoc assessment whenever you take on a new employee
- Ad hoc assessment for an employee that has had an accident
Customised Driving Assessments
We offer customised assessments depending on the type of vehicle and the task being undertaken. These include assessments for drivers of:
- Typical sedans
- 4WD vehicles
- Delivery vans.
- Passenger transport vehicles (such as mini-buses and other vehicles that transport passengers, e.g., nursing homes and charitable organisations).
Note: In addition to the usual topics, transport vehicle driver assessments will also cover: passenger comfort, avoiding distractions from passengers and other passenger-related knowledge and skills.
The assessment will cover:
- Most current road rules
- General driving ability
- Creation of risk avoidance space
- Concentration and avoidance of distractions
- Ability to plan ahead
- Economical use of a vehicle
For delivery vans, special attention is paid to:
- Pre-start checks
- Vehicle capabilities
- Attitude on the road
- Awareness of blind spots
- Loading to prevent movement, minimise risks and improve efficiency.
There are two versions of this one-on-one driving assessment
- Employee completes a road rules test
- We observe the employee’s driving ability in a practical assessment
- We give the employer a written assessment report
Assessment and Tutorial
The main objective is to improve the employee’s driving; therefore, corrective advice is given whenever appropriate.
- Discussion of road rules (no test)
- Observation and commentary on driving ability, fault identification and rectification, awareness of traffic around them and potential for conflict.
- No report.
Contact us to discuss which options are best for your drivers.
Improving the employee’s driving performance:
- assists the general driving public,
- reflects a better public image of the organisation
- we also bring to their attention the importance of economical driving.
For more detailed training, we recommend our On Road Defensive Driver course for all drivers.
Note: These are assessments for the sake of driver improvement and risk mitigation. They are NOT accredited courses. For a list of our accredited driver training courses, go here –
Driver Training Courses | Accredited Training | Brisbane etc. or On-Site Australia (driven.com.au)
There are 3 options for your training location.
We can deliver this training course at one of our driver training facilities located at:
- Yatala, Queensland
(halfway between Brisbane and the Gold Coast)
Or we can come to you.
- Anywhere in Australia
Our driver training instructors are also able to travel anywhere in Australia, to your location, to teach this course. There may be a charge for travel when time spent travelling both to and from training location is more than 1 hour in total, and where there are mobilisation and demobilisation costs.