Fleet Safety Essentials Workshop & Practical
Designed to increase knowledge of safe driving techniques and acceptable driving behavior in everyday situations. Includes: updating drivers on road rules and defensive driving techniques.
Each participant will spend time behind the wheel.
This training has two components:
- 2-hours theory workshop
- 45-minutes behind-the-wheel training for each participant.
We can have multiple instructors operating at the same time. The total time required will depend on your particular circumstances e.g the availability of suitable roads near your site etc.
(We can provide the theory workshop as a stand-alone course, if you don’t want the practical component.)
There are 3 options for your training location.
We can deliver this training course at one of our driver training facilities located at:
- Yatala, Queensland
(halfway between Brisbane and the Gold Coast)
- Chinchilla, Queensland
- Swan Gully, Bromelton
Or we can come to you.
- Anywhere in Australia
Our driver training instructors are also able to travel anywhere in Australia, to your location, to teach this course. There may be a charge for travel when time spent travelling both to and from training location is more than 1 hour in total, and where there are mobilisation and demobilisation costs.
This course consists of two components: an information session, followed by an in-vehicle practical lesson.
A Certificate of Attendance is issued upon completion for your company records.
These lessons will be covered in the classroom:
- Ensure fleet drivers are up to date with road rules
- Discussion of defensive driving techniques
- Discussion of any particular items/concerns the company may have
- Discussion of any items/concerns the participants would like addressed
Practical Driving Lesson
The practical lesson may be conducted one-on-one, or there may be several students in the car at the same time, so that they get to observe each other having their practical lesson, and thus get to hear it several times. Topics covered include:
- Demonstrate the practical use of defensive driving techniques
- Identify and correct any driving faults and encourage awareness of potential driving conflict
- Defensive 4wd driving techniques
Optional: Written Report
Our instructors can also provide a written report for each participant undertaking the practical lesson.